LABRLS




Sunday, December 2, 2012

CHANA/GARBANZO PULAO

Chana/Garbanzo Pulao Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com


Once in a while, I love to cook up a one pot meal that  does not need any elaborate side dishes yet was filling.

This Chana/Garbanzo Pulao is one of my favorite rice using garbanzo beans.  I had used  dried chickpeas  but if you are pressed for time just pick a can of garbanzo beans from your supermarket shelf.

Adding those spices make this dish  extra delicious with exotic flavor. Although one can find the recipe under the same name over the net but it varies from one household with another, so choose one that suits your palate.

CHANA/GARBANZO PULAO
Servings    :      2-3

1 cup basmati rice
1 cup cooked chana (garbanzo)
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 garlic minced
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 cups water
salt to taste
2 tablespoon oil
cilantro for garnish

Chana/Garbanzo Pulao Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

METHOD

Soak rice for 30 minutes, rinse well and drain.

Heat the oil in a deep pot, add in cumin seeds, fry until fragrant.

Add the onion, cook until translucent. Add the garlic, salt and tomato, cook until tomato turns soft.

Now mix in the chili powder and turmeric, stir for 1 minute.

Add in the rice and garbanzo, stir until well coated with spices.

Pour 2 cups water and bring to boil, cook  until water has been evaporated.

Mix in garam masala, stir and cover the pot, cook for another 10 minutes using the lowest heat.

Fluff the rice with fork and garnish with cilantro at the time of serving.

Chana/Garbanzo Pulao Recipe @ treatntrick.blogspot.com

Bookmark and Share

Connect with me:

FACEBOOK /   INSTAGRAM /   YOU TUBE /     YOU TUBE   /      RSS    /     EMAIL  
 GOOGLE+  /  TWITTER  /  PINTEREST

33 comments:

Unknown said...

You are making me hungry!!! My idea of comfort food :-)
Cheers, Gee

subhashini said...

I love this pulao at any time and the aroma of garlic in this is really awesome.

Unknown said...

Bizim nohutlu pilava benziyor.

Shabbu said...

yummy and tempting rice...

Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

Priya Suresh said...

Flavourful and droolworthy one pot meal.

Julie said...

healthy pulao!!
Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors

Susie @bowdabra said...

Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your yummy recipe in our Crafty Showcase http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/12/01/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-9/ this week! We love seeing what you have been up to and visiting your blog.

Have a wonderful week!

Susie @Bowdabra

Sangeetha Nambi said...

Healthy rice...
http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

Your dish looks exquisite :D

Cheers
CCU

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

Yummy looking pulao, beautiful presentation!

divya said...

looks yummy....love it..;)

Unknown said...

Looks very nice..
http://lazy2cook.blogspot.com/

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

This pulao is one of my favorite.. Rice and channa together taste so good!

mjskit said...

I'm with you - I do love those one pot meals. Usually means fewer dishes to clean. :) This is a great dish and love your choice of spices! Beautiful pictures!

Faseela said...

yummy n tempting rice...

Aruna Manikandan said...

Healthy and delicious pulao :)

Sushma Mallya said...

yummy, must try this one...

Unknown said...

delicious pulao love it.

bohemiannie! art said...

Sounds yummy AND healthy!

Cari @Reach For The Star Berries said...

This sounds really similar to something I do with couscous and we just had it for dinner tonight. We love garbanzo beans in my family. I can't get enough of them. I found your blog through the Made in a Day social.

Cari @ Reach For The Star Berries
Reach For The Star Berries

Katerina said...

I love these easy one pot meals too, especially during weekdays that my schedule is pretty heavy. They make my life so much easier!

I Gotta Try That said...

I love rice dishes and this one looks so good!!! Thanks for sharing it on "I Gotta Try That" Have a great weekend.
Marcie

The Busy Bee's said...

This looks really good. Thanks for sharing at the Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
Adorned From Above,
Debi.
The Busy Bee's,
Myrna and Joye.

The Busy Bee's said...

Yummy!! Thanks for linking up to the Adorned From Above Blog Up!!
Debi,
Adorned From Above
Joye & Myrna
The Busy Bee's

Rosita Vargas said...

Está fabuloso una delicia al paladar me encanta,hugs,hugs.

Unknown said...

you know there is so very much to be said for having a good arsenal of one pot meals. thanks for this recipe, looking forward to adding it to mine. =)

Aloha,

Stopping in to say "hey" and to invite you to join me for An Aloha Affair . We have a beautiful December team hosting and I think you'll truly enjoy gathering, mingling and growing with them. Come over, if you please. You are always welcome. Always.

xo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Revamp Spunky Rena said...

Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
xoxo
Rena

Diane Balch said...

We try to have a few bean based dinners a week in my house. My husband will love this. thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

Katherines Corner said...

I would surely have seconds of this yumminess. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

Mary Hudak-Collins livingthescripture.com said...

Oooh, yummy! I just started using Garbanzo Beans in dishes this past year. I never realized how versatile beans could be LOL.
Thanks for sharing in our recipe linky!

Adorned From Above said...

This look delicious. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
This weeks party starts at midnight tonight. I can’t wait to see what you have been up to.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com
Debi @ Adorned From Above
Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe on Simple & Sweet Fridays. It looks so good!

Jody

Unknown said...

With ingredients like these, who can resist this flavorful dish! Thank you for sharing your delectable chana garbanzo pulao recipe with us at the Healthy Happy Green and Natural Party Blog Hop. I'm pinning and sharing.